Monday, January 24, 2011

Thirty

Back in December, I went up to Stevens Point to visit my good friends, Ben and Annette. While we were up there, Annette directed me to a list that she had made, of 30 things that she wanted to accomplish before she was 30. Since I met Alexus, I've been in a major self-improvement sort of mood, and I've been thinking a lot about what I want to accomplish in the next 4 and half years. I wrote this a week or two ago, but I've spent the last couple weeks tweaking it to make sure it's absolutely how I want it. I think it's perfect, now. And yes, some of them are incredibly nerdy. But come on, guys. You should know me by now. I'm trying to keep them reasonable, but challenging.

Without further ado, here are 30 things that I want to accomplish before I'm 30 years old. I will start a photo album on here to post photos or screenshots (as the case may be) to verify my progress. I will also update the note with completion dates.

Wish me luck.

1. Get Married.

2. Have a child, or at least be expecting one.

3. Own a house.

4. Learn to cook 20 "everyday" meals from memory. I don't know how to cook anything, really.

5. Learn Finnish. Of course, the language that I want to learn is one of the few not offered by Rosetta Stone. Figures, right?

6. Begin attending Tai Chi classes again.

7. Learn to play guitar.

8. See the following bands in concert: Coheed & Cambria, Marilyn Manson, Offspring, Smashing Pumpkins, Electric Six, Avenged Sevenfold, Nine Inch Nails.

9. See a classical music concert. I'd also accept an opera. Extra points if it's Don Giovanni.

10. Read 5 novels. Considering I never read, this'll be more difficult than most people would probably give me credit for.

11. Completely design a videogame. Either an old-school RPG or a survival-horror game. Maybe both in one? Find someone to help me make it.

12. Beat every Silent Hill game and every Tomb Raider game.

13. Have at least 5 Warcraft characters at the level cap. They don't have to be any good, but they have to get there.

14. See every episode of Star Trek. From every incarnation of the show. The movies too.

15. Make at least 25 pieces of artwork that aren't "work" related. Photography doesn't count.

16. Make at least $100 selling photography.

17. Wake up early and get at least 12 photo-shoots at sunrise. One in each month of the year, and each one in a different place.

18. Actually write the story I've had in my head for about 5 years, now. I don't know in what format it'll be, but I want to get it written down and viewable to the public.

19. Write 3 short stories.

20. Have at least $2000 invested in the stock market.

21. Successfully find 500 geocaches.

22. Go camping at least 5 more times.

23. Go canoeing at least 10 more times.

24. Take a multiple-state road trip with friends. Destination is not important, but we have to be gone for at least a week.

25. Travel to any one of these distant lands: New Zealand, Easter Island, Scotland, or Finland. Only one is required.

26. Visit Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky, Ohio. Roller Coaster capital of the world!

27. Visit Roswell, New Mexico.

28. See the aurora borealis in person.

29. Have the perfect day. Watch the sun come up. Go out for an awesome and filling breakfast. Come home and play video-games until the food coma goes away. Go geocaching or canoeing all day, or at least spend all day outside. Have the spicy chicken pasta from Chili's for dinner. Go see a horror or sci-fi movie afterwards. Find a place to get ice-cream (even if it's late at night by this point.) Go for a walk in the countryside after sunset, just like old times. Come home again and sleep. Perfect.

30. Find a way to work from home. This is probably a pipe dream, but I'm going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment