Wednesday, January 19, 2011

How Fortuitous

Things are a little jumbled up around here. I say that as though it's something different than normal. A lot has happened in the last week, and in some ways it feels like nothing has happened at all, if that makes any sense. It kind of feels like all of this stuff is happening at a time where I can "start fresh," as it were.

My boss has confirmed that starting the search for a new job would be encouraged. I've got until around August before I "officially" run out of work to do around here. But since all the part-timers are running out of work to do NOW, and they're getting their hours cut because of it, they'll have no problem parsing my work between the others. So basically I get a nice, cushy, 7-8 month window to find a new position. I'm also reaching that point where I can get away with saying that I have 5 years of experience. No more entry-level! Well, not necessarily, at least.

I've decided against going into the dog-training field at this point because I simply don't have enough experience right now. I had considered the Petco/PetSmart dog-trainer options as well, but I'd definitely like to conserve more money for the time being, and it'll be easier to make that going back into Graphic Design. In all fairness, I thought I'd have until 2013 to get more experience in that before I'd have to start looking again.

Lia has confirmed that she's leaving, because we just can't stand living together anymore. She's still figuring out what date she'll be out, but she's planning on it being sometime in February. Maybe as soon as February 1st. Honestly, I've reached the point where paying for the rest of the lease by myself is a preferred alternative to saving money and having her around. Whatever. I'll get by.

Things with Alexus are still great. Saturday was one month for us. I'm still very happy. Her transfer out of the far-away Saukville Walgreens finally went through, so that's definitely good news.

I've had a bronchial infection since last Wednesday/Thursday that is seriously taking forever to go away. It's filled with that wonderful kind of coughing that burns deep in your chest and makes it difficult to breathe most of the time. Even these antibiotics don't seem to be kicking it. I've currently taken 3 and a half sick days because of it. Not feeling particularly great today either, but I don't want to keep missing work. (Even though I'm not particularly fond of work and I'll be done with this job relatively soon. What's that all about?)

So for now, it's like taking each day one-at-a-time. There's a lot of uncertainty in the next few months, but somehow, I'm just not that worried. Lately, a fresh start has seemed overdue. It's just rare for it to happen with every aspect of my life at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment